Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Conversations While Packing for an Eight Month Trip

Conversation one takes place between my father and me. I'm sitting in my room, typing out e-mails in French to my future host couple, and my dad is downstairs.
Dad: Katherine?
Katherine: Oui? I mean--yeah.
Then I started laughing hysterically, a sure sign that the insanity from trying to fit all my shoes into my suitcases has taken hold. Life is going to be easier once I go to France and can just speak French all the time. This switching back and forth is killing me.

Conversation two took place this morning, as I came running out of my room to speak to my mother.
Me: Mom!
Mom: Yes?
Me: I'm having another moral dilemma.
Mom: Is it about which shoes to bring again?
Me: No...this time it's about sweaters.

Less than a week until I go! Housing has been procured (PHEW), all tickets have been purchased, all medical appointments have been attended to. Now if I could just figure out how to fit my cute pair of rainboots into a suitcase...

No comments: